You can transfer your prescription to any GoodRx Gold-participating pharmacy from the GoodRx mobile app.
Keep in mind, prescriptions classified as controlled substances may not be eligible for a transfer. Check with your pharmacist or doctor about your prescription's drug classification.
Don't have the app? Give us a call at 1 (855) 487-0694
GoodRx Mobile App: Transferring to a Gold-participating Pharmacy
1. Tap the Home button
2. Tap the Find a Gold pharmacy tile at the top of the home page
3. Enter the name of the pharmacy that currently has the prescription (sending pharmacy)
4. If the pharmacy that currently has the prescription (sending pharmacy):
- Is a Gold participating pharmacy, you'll be able to compare Gold prices.
- Is not a Gold participating pharmacy, you'll be able to select a Gold pharmacy and begin the transfer.
Tap Search for your drug
5. Enter the drug name and select the matching name from the dropdown list
6. Update the: Drug type (brand or generic), Form, Dosage, and Quantity, then tap Search prices
7. Tap the price for the new pharmacy you'd like to transfer to (receiving pharmacy)
8. If you want to visit a pharmacy at another address, tap Find other locations
9. Tap the pharmacy location you would like to visit
10. Tap Start a transfer
11. If you have a Family plan, select the member that the prescription is for
12. Enter your preferred mobile phone number and tap Continue
13. Select how many prescriptions you are transferring.
- If transferring all prescriptions: Enter any additional information you would like to share with the pharmacy receiving your prescription
- If transferring only some prescriptions: List the prescription names, or prescription numbers, and any additional information you would like to share with the pharmacy receiving your prescription
14. Tap Continue
15. Review and confirm all transfer information is correct:
- Gold member’s full name and phone number
- Prescription(s) being transferred
- New pharmacy’s information – receiving the prescription(s)
- Old pharmacy’s information – sending the prescription(s)
16. Tap Submit. After submitting, you will see the new pharmacy (receiving pharmacy):
- Name and location
- Phone number
- Store hours