You can transfer your prescription to any GoodRx Gold-participating pharmacy from the GoodRx Gold website or in the GoodRx mobile app.
Keep in mind, prescriptions classified as controlled substances may not be able to be transferred. Before attempting to transfer, check with your pharmacist or doctor about your prescription's drug classification.
- Transferring your prescription to a Gold-participating pharmacy in the app
- Transferring your prescription to a Gold-participating pharmacy online
Transferring Your Prescription to a Gold-participating Pharmacy in the GoodRx Mobile App
1. From the home page in the GoodRx app, tap ‘Check if GoodRx Gold works at your pharmacy’
2. Enter the name of the pharmacy that currently has the prescription in the search bar
If the current pharmacy is a Gold participating pharmacy, you will be brought to a drug price comparison page to look up Gold prices for the prescription.
If the pharmacy is not a Gold participating pharmacy, you will be able to select a Gold pharmacy to transfer to based on the price that works best for you.
3. You can either select ‘Find other locations’ to choose a pharmacy location that works best for you, or press ‘Start a transfer’ to proceed
4. Once satisfied with the pharmacy location, you'll need to provide a mobile phone number.
Keep in mind, the number you enter must be able to receive phone calls as pharmacies tend to call to send updates about prescriptions instead of text.
5. Select the person whose prescription is being transferred
- For Individual Plans: You'll be brought straight to the prescription selection page.
- For Family Plans: Select the person that the prescription transfer is for, or tap ‘Add a member’ and enter the person’s information as it appears on their prescription
Family Plan - Select a Member
Family Plan - Add a Member
6. Select the prescription(s) to transfer
If transferring multiple prescriptions, type in each medication name. Press 'Continue' to proceed.
7. Confirm that the transfer details are correct:
- Gold member’s full name and phone number
- Prescription(s) being transferred
- Gold Participating pharmacy’s information – receiving the prescription(s)
- Non-Gold participating pharmacy’s information – sending the prescription(s)
if everything's in order, press 'Submit'.
8. After submitting, you'll see the Gold-participating pharmacy’s:
- Name and location
- Phone number
- Store hours
Transferring Your Prescription to a Gold-participating Pharmacy on the GoodRx Gold website
1. Log in and go to the Transfer a Prescription page
2. Start the transfer
From the Transfer a Prescription page, click the gold Start a Transfer button.
3. Select your current pharmacy
Locate the pharmacy from the list that currently has your prescription(s) on file, and click on it. We’ll tell you if you can use GoodRx Gold at your current pharmacy.
Please be sure to pay close attention to the address listed under each pharmacy to ensure the correct pharmacy is being contacted. This pharmacy will need to have your prescription on file in order for it to be transferred.
4. Select your new GoodRx Gold pharmacy
On the next page, look through the list of GoodRx Gold pharmacies in your area and choose the one you’d like to have your prescriptions transferred to by clicking on it.
Please be sure to pay close attention to the address listed under each pharmacy to ensure that your prescription is sent to the correct location.
5. Select the Member
Choose the member(s) on your account whose prescriptions you would like to transfer. You can select and unselect a member by clicking on the checkbox next to their name. Once you’ve selected the member(s) whose prescriptions you would like to transfer, click on the gold Continue button.
6. Provide phone number, prescription preference and pharmacist notes
On the last page, you can transfer some or all of your prescriptions and leave other notes for your pharmacist.
- Add your phone number so the pharmacy can contact you if there are any questions or concerns.
- Click on the drop-down menu and select the option to “Transfer all prescriptions from this pharmacy” or the option to “Transfer some prescriptions.”
- In the notes section, provide any additional information that you want the pharmacist to know, such as what prescriptions you are transferring or any special requests.
Make your selections and click on the gold Continue button.
Once you click the gold Continue button, we’ll send a fax to your new pharmacy with all of the information they’ll need in order to transfer your prescription. They may still need to call you if they have any questions about allergies, medication interactions or the information you’ve entered.
If the transfer request was submitted successfully, you should be taken to the Transfer Initiated page. You will be provided with the contact information and address for your new pharmacy. We recommend contacting them before going to the pharmacy to ensure the transfer was successful.