Inside Rx Brand discounts have some eligibility requirements.
You are Eligible to use the Inside Rx brand discount if you meet all of the following requirements:
- You are not currently eligible for prescription coverage from any state or federally funded programs, including but not limited to Medicare, Medicaid, VA, DoD, or Tricare.
- If you are filling a prescription for any of the following medications you must be under 65 years of age: Advair® Diskus®, Advair® HFA, Anoro® Ellipta®, Arnuity® Ellipta®, Breo® Ellipta®, Incruse® Ellipta®, Flovent® Diskus®, or Flovent® HFA.
- You are not filling the prescription for a pet.
- You have been prescribed this drug or are a caregiver of somebody taking this drug.
- You are a resident of the United States or Puerto Rico.
I’m 65+. Why can’t I use the Inside Rx discount card?
It is our goal to help all Americans with the cost of their medications. While most discounts provided on GoodRx can be used regardless of your age and Medicare status, state and federal laws place restrictions on how brand-name drugs can be discounted.
Federal laws prohibit those eligible for Medicare or government-sponsored health programs like Medicare, Medicaid or TRICARE from using Inside Rx discounts to purchase certain brand-name medications. All persons 65 years of age or older are considered Medicare-eligible, even if you do not currently have a Medicare plan or cannot purchase one.
If you are 65 years of age or older, you will not be able to use the Inside Rx discounts on the following medications: Advair® Diskus®, Advair® HFA, Anoro® Ellipta®, Arnuity® Ellipta®, Breo® Ellipta®, Incruse® Ellipta®, Flovent® Diskus®, Flovent® HFA.
Click here to see what you can do if you’re not eligible.
Can I use an Inside Rx brand discount if I have medicare?
No, you are not eligible to use the Inside Rx brand discounts if you are eligible for Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE or other government-sponsored insurance plans.
Can I use an Inside Rx discount if I have commercial insurance?
Yes! You can use Inside Rx discounts instead of your prescription insurance if the cost is lower. This includes employer-sponsored health insurance and plans purchased from a health care exchange. However, the discounts cannot be used with your insurance or to lower your co-pay.
- Plan Deductible: If you choose to use the Inside Rx discount instead of your insurance, the amount you pay will not be automatically applied toward your deductible. You may want to contact your insurance company to find out if you can submit receipts for prescriptions purchased using Inside Rx. Many insurance plans will allow you to submit receipts for potential reimbursement and/or credit towards your deductible and other policy limits.
- Flexible Savings Account (“FSA”) or Health Savings Account (“HSA”): Depending on the terms of your FSA or HSA plan, they may be used to pay for your prescription when using your Inside Rx discount. You can use the funds from your HSA on qualified medical expenses, including prescriptions purchased using a discount card. You can see a full list of qualified medical expenses here.
Can I use Inside Rx for my pet’s medication?
No, Inside Rx discounts will not work on prescriptions for pets at this time.
While you cannot use Inside Rx discounts for your pet’s prescription, GoodRx offers many other discounts that can be used instead. Learn how you can find a discount that can be used for your pet’s medication here.
Can I use a manufacturer offer (free trial or co-pay card) with the Inside Rx discount?
No. You can use the Inside Rx discount instead of the manufacturer offer and vice versa, but they cannot be used at the same time. You cannot combine ongoing discounts like co-pay cards with Inside Rx. We always encourage you to check the manufacturer offers. If there is a free trial or another offer that saves you more, use that instead!
To find manufacturer coupons and programs for your drug, check the GoodRx Savings Tips in the left-hand column of the drug pricing page. The image below has highlighted the location of the Savings Tips section for you.