What is Inside Rx and the Inside Rx Brand Drug Program?
Inside Rx is a prescription savings program powered by Express Scripts. Inside Rx and GoodRx have teamed up to deliver greater savings on brand-name drugs! Eligible patients can save an average of 34% off of the typical retail price for select brand-name medications which could translate into savings of over $1,600 per year.
What brand-name drugs are covered under this program?
You’ll find Inside Rx discounts on over 100 brand-name prescriptions that treat diabetes (insulins), asthma (inhalers) and other common illnesses. You can check the full list of drugs covered under this program here.
Is there a fee to use Inside Rx?
No. There are no fees, signups or obligations required to receive these valuable discounts. Simply present the appropriate discount at a participating pharmacy to save.
What are the eligibility requirements?
You are Eligible to use the Inside Rx brand discount if you meet all of the following requirements:
- You are not currently eligible for prescription coverage from any state or federally funded programs, including but not limited to Medicare, Medicaid, VA, DoD, or Tricare.
- If you are filling a prescription for any of the following medications you must be under 65 years of age: Advair® Diskus®, Advair® HFA, Anoro® Ellipta®, Arnuity® Ellipta®, Breo® Ellipta®, Incruse® Ellipta®, Flovent® Diskus®, or Flovent® HFA.
- You are not filling the prescription for a pet.
- You have been prescribed this drug or are a caregiver of somebody taking this drug.
- You are a resident of the United States or Puerto Rico.
I’m 65+. Why can’t I use the Inside Rx discount card?
It is our goal to help all Americans with the cost of their medications. While most discounts provided on GoodRx can be used regardless of your age and Medicare status, state and federal laws place restrictions on how brand-name drugs can be discounted.
Federal laws prohibit those eligible for Medicare or government-sponsored health programs like Medicare, Medicaid or TRICARE from using Inside Rx discounts to purchase certain brand-name medications. All persons 65 years of age or older are considered Medicare-eligible, even if you do not currently have a Medicare plan or cannot purchase one.
If you are 65 years of age or older, you will not be able to use the Inside Rx discounts on the following medications: Advair® Diskus®, Advair® HFA, Anoro® Ellipta®, Arnuity® Ellipta®, Breo® Ellipta®, Incruse® Ellipta®, Flovent® Diskus®, Flovent® HFA.
Click here to see what you can do if you’re not eligible.
Can I use an Inside Rx brand discount if I have medicare?
No, you are not eligible to use the Inside Rx brand discounts if you are eligible for Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE or other government-sponsored insurance plans.
Can I use an Inside Rx discount if I have commercial insurance?
Yes! You can use Inside Rx discounts instead of your prescription insurance. This includes employer-sponsored health insurance and plans purchased from a health care exchange. However, the discounts cannot be used with your insurance or to lower your co-pay.
- Plan Deductible: If you choose to use the Inside Rx discount instead of your insurance, the amount you pay will not be automatically applied toward your deductible. You may want to contact your insurance company to find out if you can submit receipts for prescriptions purchased using Inside Rx. Many insurance plans will allow you to submit receipts for potential reimbursement and/or credit towards your deductible and other policy limits.
- Flexible Savings Account (“FSA”) or Health Savings Account (“HSA”): Depending on the terms of your FSA or HSA plan, they may be used to pay for your prescription when using your Inside Rx discount. You can use the funds from your HSA on qualified medical expenses, including prescriptions purchased using a discount card. You can see a full list of qualified medical expenses here.